Sunday, March 26, 2006

SLACKER

While no one could ever acuse me of being a slacker knitter, I certainly have been a slacker blogger. But that's because I've been busy knitting. Too busy to write about it. And here's the proof:

I finally finished Annie Modisett's Circular Cocoon Jacket from the Fall 2005 Vogue Knitting. I didn't do all the twisted stitches and just used a varigated yarn, recycled from an ugly silk and cashmere sweater. I knew it could be something pretty if I freed it from the ugly sweater. And because my friend, Cathy, pictured below, says I never wear anything I make, I actually wore it last night to her birthday dinner.

And this is the Isolde sweater from Twisted Sisters, which I called Strip Tease, since it is made up of strips and then set on the bias, then picked up and gusseted and skirted and....Actually, it's easy and fun and different. However, the sleeves ended up looking a little Victorian the way I blocked it, so I'm going to try to reblock it, and if that doesn't work, I'll try to take them in a bit. I've been working out, but my guns are not that big yet!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Ooo, I so want to make that Isolde sweater but am having a hard time coming to grips with paying the full price for the whole pattern book for just that one pattern. But yours is great. Did you really need as much yarn as the pattern calls for? Seems like an awful lot.

PassioKnits said...

Nikki:
Yes, it uses a lot of yarn! However, I didn't use the Twisted Sisters yarn. I used Artyarns Ultramerino 4 in two different colors, and then a Takhi Chelsea Silk I had in my stash for the third color. I don't remember how much of each I used, but I made sure I had enough of each of the three colors like the pattern says. It was fun to make, but I still haven't worn it because I haven't fixed the sleeves. Someday maybe.......